657. the prize goes not to the explorer who first sets foot upon the virgin soil but to the one who gets that foot home first. If it is still attached to his leg, that is a bonus. || 'Jingo'
656. Listening keenly to people tends to put them off. || 'Jingo'
580. It is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated. When men see nothing but bottomless infinity over their heads they have always had a driving and desperate urge to find someone to put in the way. (suggested by ennaih)
572. Courage, bravery and the indomitable human spirit were fine things which nevertheless tended to take second place to the combination of courage, bravery, the indomitable human spirit and a six-to-one superiority of numbers. (suggested by idrabear)
563. Sometimes heroes go out and die famously because they’d get yelled at if they didn’t. (submitted by idrabear)
551. How foolish to be killing gift horse that lays the golden egg! (suggested by anon)
544. Listening keenly to people tends to put them off. (suggested by anon)
531. Veni, Vici… Vetinari. (submitted by Anon)
470. Elementary Necromancy: Lesson #1. Learn how to use a shovel.
442. When you seek advice from some one it’s certainly not because you want them to give it. You just want them to be there while you talk to yourself.